A not-so-dirty little secret: sex is good for you! It may lengthen your life, boost your heart health and immune system, reduce pain and stress and improve your sleep. As for sex toys there is no proven evidence yet that they directly improve your health, however the affects they have on a persons body … well yes. Sex isn’t just about intercourse and penetration. For those who are comfortable using toys, they will bring a lot of self pleasure or pleasure with a partner.
Research shows that more and more woman are using vibrators now days, especially those under the age of 30. Now you are never too old to use a sex toy. While some woman are afraid that their partners will be threatened by the sex toys, this is not usually the case, it is actually known to improve a couples sex life by having a more playful and adventurous attitude to sex. Introducing sex toys into a relationship if not already there is something that needs to be done as a couple. Research online stores or sex books together, to explore each others passions and desires, weather it may be a fantasy or just something that has intrigued both of you. Not sure if your partner will find sex toys a turn-on or a turn-off, Create a questionnaire for your partner which would ask questions you would not usually ask, this will give you an idea of the type of toys that will best suite you both. Try having a date night to shop online and research the different types of toys, how to use them and keep them clean, even if you don’t purchase anything, it can be fun and enlightening.
Sex toys that are good for beginners include egg-shaped vibrators, the bullet and vibrating penis rings of which can be worn during intercourse and is a delight for both partners. Some couples prefer to wear Plug-ins and wands that look just like a regular massager and provide a higher intensity of pleasure. Do your research on each product before clicking “add to cart” as you will also need to know what type of cleaner you can use etc. You also don’t want to get hurt or hurt your partner with something that can bring great pleasure.
- Great sex is good for you; One area sex toys can help with simply making sex more enjoyable and help couples explore what turns them on.
- Sex toys can rejuvenate vaginas; Some of the most uncomfortable stages of Menopause are gynecological, of which result in vaginal dryness and decreased sex drive. Vibrators can alleviate these symptoms vibrators (by improving the tone and elasticity of vaginal walls and improving sexual sensation) and also promote vaginal lubrication. Sex toys can also be useful following gynecological surgery or even after childbirth.
- Sex toys help men too; Men who use sex toys are less likely to be burdened with erectile dysfunction, difficulty reaching orgasm and low sex drive. Male products can help men overcome erectile dysfunction, following prostate surgery or treatment, diabetes, heart disease, spinal cord injury and neurological conditions by promoting the blood flow into the erectile tissues and stimulating the nerves to help the man have an erection without them having to take “little blue pills” etc.
- Sex isn’t just about penetration; There is a reason sexperts stress the importance of foreplay, its not all about “wham bam, thank you MAM”. Most woman cannot orgasm through penetration alone, no matter how turned on they are. Stimulating the clitoris can be the key to satisfying climaxes and sex toys can make that easier. Vibrators can be really useful for vulvae pain conditions such as vulvodynia, where penetration can be tricky to achieve.
- Vibrators can be better than medical dilators for vaginismus; Vaginismus, a condition in which a woman’s vaginal muscles tense up involuntarily, when penetration is attempted is generally treated using medical dilators of increasing sizes to allow the patient to begin with the thinnest dilator and slowly progress to the next size. Some health experts recommend vibrators instead of the standard dilator. In simple terms is a problem because you can get stuck together.
- Organic Lubricant; one of the best lubricants around being PH balanced and free from glycerin, glycols and parabens, all of which are vaginal irritants (look for YES organic lubricant).
- A Bullet style vibrator; This is a good first step into the world of sex toys as these are very small but powerful, they offer vibratory stimulation for solo or couples play, especially useful if you are someone who struggles to orgasm through penetrative sex.
- Skin safe slim vibrator; A slim vibrator can be used to help you enjoy comfortable penetration or clitoral stimulation. I would recommend a “roger rabbit”if you looking for penetration and clitoral stimulation.
Whats the proper way to clean sex toys?
Never submerge a battery-operated sex toy or an electric non-waterproof vibrator. You can boil silicone, glass and Pyrex toys or run them through the dishwasher as long as they don’t have electrical components. Many products can clean a toy, but leftover residue may be irritating later. If you have a vibrator that can’t be rinsed, wipe off the cleaning agent residue with a clean wet cloth. Liquid hand soap or dish soap is strong enough in most cases, and hydrogen peroxide is a fairly mild germicide. Silicone stands up to harsher chemicals like bleach better than other soft toys will, but the harsher the chemical, the more vital it is to ensure residue is rinsed off completely.